Affiliate marketing is undoubtedly the best source of passive income for any blogger. The total spending on affiliate marketing in the United States alone is around $8.2 billion at the end of 2022 (According to Statista). So it is a rapidly growing industry with a lot of opportunities for new and existing bloggers.
Are you a blogger with affiliate marketing as your main source of income? And are you looking for the best affiliate marketing tools to skyrocket your affiliate marketing business?
My best tip to boost your affiliate sales is to get your hands on the right tools for affiliate marketing.
So in this article, I am going to list down all the best tools for affiliate marketing that I personally use as a blogger.
Disclosure: Some links in this article are my affiliate links. If you buy any product through any of these links, I’ll get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Such a commission helps me to stay motivated and produce more such content. Thanks in advance if you buy anything from my affiliate links.
Let’s get started.
1. Rank Math
You must have heard of Rank Math as an SEO tool that a lot of bloggers use for their WordPress websites.
If you want to make your blog posts SEO optimized and rank on the first page of Google, then Rank Math is there for you. With Rank Math, you don’t have to worry about your on-page SEO.
It has great functions like basic SEO, a little advanced SEO, a readability score for your post title, and the readability score of your content.
Rank Math will give you suggestions and instructions about improving the SEO of your post while you are writing your post.
What’s more, on-page SEO is not the only function of Rank Math. There is a tonne of other cool features that help improve your website. Some of them are:
- Instant Indexing: Automatically submit your new posts to Google Search Console for indexing.
- Sitemap generation: Generation of a sitemap for your website.
- Redirections: Helps you make relevant redirects on your website. Also, it creates automatic redirections whenever the URL of a post or page is changed by you.
- Analytics: Don’t understand Google Analytics? Rank Math has an oversimplified analytics report for your website.
- 404 Monitor: Monitors any broken pages on your websites and notifies you of the same. Also, keeps count of clicks made on your 404 pages.
Ever wondered how bloggers put beautiful widgets on their websites in the form of comparison tables, Pros and Cons tables, CTA buttons, etc.?
It is all done with plugins like AffiliateX. It has a lot of cool features like:
- AffiliateX buttons: Create beautiful clickable buttons which your readers can’t resist clicking.
- AffiliateX Pros & Cons: Beautifully list the pros and cons of any affiliate product or service.
- AffiliateX Comparison Tables: Compare two or more products side by side in a tabular format for an easy explanation of the products.
- AffiliateX specification: List all the specifications of an affiliate product in an easy-to-navigate format.
This plugin has improved my affiliate conversion rates by almost 15%. That’s a lot of improvement.
ThirstyAffiliates is my favorite affiliate link management plugin for WordPress. It is one of the most essential affiliate marketing tools for every blogger.
Are you worried about your affiliate links getting expired? It is a nightmare to go to each of your posts and replace each of the old affiliate links with the new ones.
I was also worried and didn’t know the solution back when I was a beginner. Then I came across ThirstyAffiliates plugin for WordPress. Such a relief it was.
With ThirstyAffiliates, all your affiliate links are stored in one dashboard. You can give reference names for all your affiliate links such as ‘Hostinger hosting’, ‘GetResponse email marketing’.
How to use it?
- Add a new affiliate link. Just click on ThirstyAffiliates in the left panel of your WordPress control panel and click on “new affiliate link”.
- Enter the link title for your reference. I have used “Infoverses affiliate link”, for example. And add the destination URL (your affiliate link)
- Click on “Save link” to save it.
Once you have saved your link, it’s time to insert it into posts. it’s simple.
Every time you add a link to any text on your post, don’t add it as you would usually.
- Instead, highlight the text and click on the small down arrow next to the link icon (shown below)
- Then click on “affiliate link” option with the ThirstyAffiliates logo
- Then search for the affiliate link title that you entered for reference and select it. The highlighted text will be linked with your affiliate link.
Note: If your affiliate link is changed, simply change it from the ThirstyAffiliates dashboard and the above link will automatically be changed.
Can’t stop appreciating this plugin.
4. WP Sticky Sidebar
This plugin or tool is great for increasing your conversions. While visiting a website, you must have noticed that the affiliate ad banners in the sidebar of the web page disappear as you scroll down a webpage (because they are left at the top).
Once I was checking out my own website and found it very odd. After scrolling down 2-3 times, my ad banners were left at the top, leaving the sidebar empty. I wanted a way to make the ad banners always visible.
And I found the WP Sticky Sidebar plugin. As the name suggests, it makes your sidebar or the contents in your sidebar sticky, making them always appear no matter how far below one scrolls.
This allows you to always give your audience a chance to click on the ad and buy from it. To my surprise, it increased my click-through rates.
How much does WP Sticky Sidebar cost?
- The 1-year plans start from just $19/year
- The 2-year plans start from $29/2yrs
- The lifetime plans start from just $59/lifetime
Copywriting is the most important skill you should have as a blogger. What you write, and how you write greatly affect your reputation.
But not everyone is a pro at writing content that is free of grammatical mistakes and other errors. So Grammarly is the best affiliate marketing tool for writing content.
You must provide a tonne of content if you want to increase affiliate revenue. Whether you outsource content generation or do it all yourself, You need a proofreading tool like Grammarly.
Grammarly is one of the most popular affiliate marketing tools used by over 30 million users worldwide.
Just install the Grammarly Chrome extension and you are good to go.
It indicates any mistakes that you make while writing your copy in real-time. It also autocorrects spelling mistakes.
It helps improve your writing style, get real-time writing suggestions, provides sentence rewrite suggestions for improving clarity, plagiarism detection, and a lot more.
It is my virtual writing assistant.
6. Shared Counts
You cannot just sit back and expect people to come to your website or blog, especially if yours is a new blog. You need to actively promote your content on social media platforms.
Try Shared Counts if you want to enhance your social media engagement. Shared count is a WordPress plugin and a potential affiliate marketing tool that you can utilize to drive more visitors to your website and boost social media interaction.
An added benefit of this tool is that it also lets you show the number of times your post was shared on different social media platforms. When people see that an article is shared many times, they may want to share it too.
Google ranks those pages higher which have faster loading speeds. So your website needs high performance if you want to reap the benefits of organic traffic.
I use Cloudflare for improving the performance of my website. It is not a WordPress plugin but a software with which you can connect your website. It has a free version which is enough for a new blogger.
It takes care of your website’s performance needs. It also comes with a lifetime free SSL certificate even with the free plan.
Just connect your website with Cloudflare and forget about your website’s performance.
Here are the best features of Cloudflare:
- A CDN service: For example, if your hosting server is located in New York, but your visitors are in Australia, it can take quite a bit of time for the transfer of data to complete. CDNs minimize the distance between where the visitor is browsing from and where your website server is hosted.
- Caching: Caching web content helps improve the responsiveness of your websites by reducing the load on backend resources and network congestion.
- A lifetime free SSL certificate to add a layer of security to your website.
8. Hostinger Hosting
You must be thinking I could’ve just mentioned hosting. Why Hostinger specifically? When talking about the best tools for affiliate marketing, I cannot ignore Hostinger web hosting.
I personally use Hostinger WordPress Hosting and I can’t be more satisfied with a web hosting company.
It provides a lot of options for beginners as well as big businesses. The main reason I recommend Hostinger is its super cool customer support.
When I was connecting my website to Cloudflare, I got into a terrifying situation where my website was not my website anymore. LOL, I know it sounds comical. As I entered my website’s domain in the search bar, some other website was opening. Like someone had made a weird kind of redirect.
I couldn’t sleep the whole night and the next day I decided to contact Hostinger customer support and explained my problem. Hostinger’s super-friendly staff kept me waiting for like 25 seconds and I was chatting with one of the executives.
I explained my problem and sent some screenshots and within 3 minutes my problem was solved. My website was back. Oh, what a relief it was! I was bursting with joy.
I also plan on writing a detailed case study on Hostinger customer support.
Hostinger WordPress Hosting Starts from $1.99 per month (under the Black Friday Deals)
I would choose SEMrsuh if we could only use one tool from this list of affiliate marketing tools. More than 7 million people use SEMrush, a potent SEO toolset, for tasks like keyword research, competitor analysis, site audits, etc.
It’s my favorite tool for doing keyword research and running site audits for my website.
Here are some features of SEMrush:
Find profitable long-tail keywords: Find keyword ideas for your niche. Semrush offers extremely precise and pertinent keyword data. Over 21 billion terms are presently stored in its keyword database.
The only benefit of using long-tail keyword phrases in your specific area is that there is often significantly less competition. As a result, it is simpler to rank among a search engine’s top ten results.
Competitor Analysis: Semrush allows you to look into what your rivals are doing online. You may see the most popular phrases they are utilizing and the search terms on which they outperform you.
You may also discover the top 20 pages for a given keyword using Semrush. You might focus on the keywords rather than a single competitor.
Keyword Gap: Find those keywords for which your competitors are ranking but you are not even using.
Recommended: The 6 Best Keyword Research Tools: Free & Paid
Email marketing is a must if you are an affiliate marketer. Your audience may not buy from you the first time. You need to keep calling them back to your content. Email marketing makes it possible.
GetResponse is an amazing email marketing tool that I use for all my email marketing campaigns.
With GetResponse, you’ll have access to everything you require, including single-click list segmentation, email analytics, webinars, automation, and A/B testing options.
It provides a free plan for email lists of up to 500 subscribers.
How much does GetResponse cost? It has various plans:
1. Basic: Great for beginners and the pricing starts only at $19 per month (for 1000 contacts) and goes all the way up to $539 per month (for 100,000 contacts) where you’ll get the following features.
- Unlimited landing pages
- Unlimited Website Builder, etc
2. Plus: Offers email marketing automation and webinars. The pricing starts at $59 per month (for 1000 contacts) and goes all the way up to $599 per month (for 100,000 contacts) where you’ll get the following features.
- All the features of the Basic plan
- Marketing automation
- Contact scoring and tagging, etc
3. Professional: Offers unlimited automation and paid webinars. The pricing starts at $119 per month (for 1000 contacts) and goes all the way up to $699 per month (for 100,000 contacts) and you’ll get the following features.
- All the features of the Plus plan
- Unlimited automation
- Paid webinars
- Unlimited funnels, etc.
Best Affiliate Marketing Tools For Bloggers: 2 Bonus Tools
Here are some other affiliate marketing tools that I use as a blogger. Although these tools won’t directly impact your affiliate sales or conversions, they will help you drive more traffic to your blog and also keep your blog data safe.
1. Better Click To Tweet
People add all sorts of quotes and sayings to their blog posts. Quotes tend to be shared easily on social media. What if someone reads a quote on your blog and can share it on Twitter with just a click?
Better Click To Tweet does the job well.
This will drive extra traffic to your website as that quote is automatically shared along with your blog link.
Neil Patel also uses this technique to drive additional traffic to his website.
2. Updraft Plus
What if you accidentally lose all your website data including all your posts, tutorials, product reviews, etc? It can be a heavy loss of potential sales. And you certainly don’t want that.
You MUST always keep a backup of all your website data. Updraft Plus is there for you. It makes the process of making backups of your data very simple.
It lets you create automatic backups in a preset time interval, such as daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
Best Affiliate Marketing Tools For Bloggers: Final Thoughts
As a blogger and affiliate marketer, you need the best tools to achieve the desired results. Some of the tools I mentioned above also have paid plans apart from free plans.
You can always use the free plans but investing in a paid tool will only bring you profit over your investment.
And I highly recommend getting a self-hosted website from Hostinger because I am more than satisfied with their services.
And finally, there are also some bonus tools that don’t directly affect your affiliate sales or conversions but help you generate additional traffic to your blog.
If I missed out on any other important tools for affiliate marketing, feel free to add them to the list in the comments section below.
If you found the article helpful, consider sharing it with your friends and the people you think might benefit from it. After all, my job is to teach people and see them succeed.
I wish you all the best!
Ali is a passionate and experienced blogger with a mission to teach others how to start their own blog, monetize it, and become successful in the process. He shares the lessons he’s learned on his own journey through personal anecdotes and factual examples.